Forum Discussion

CBleunven
Contributor
9 years ago

Fails to establish a remote desktop connection with TC11

Hi to all,

we currently start to put in place distributed tests with TC/TE. However we face a problem with the remote desktop connection.

We have one master computer and one slave computer, both on the same domain.

TC version on the master computer is 11.20.1491.7

TE version on the slave computer is 11.20.1491.11

Both computers are on Windows 8.1

In the master project, I created one host and set all parameters to connect on the slave computer (Name, Adress, Domain, UserName, Password).

When I use the ellipsis button to add the Base path I'm able to see all the folders and then set the path (it was not the case at the beginning but we finally get it).

With the Login mode on "Manual" and the Remote Desktop Connection previously started, the Verify process on the host is successful. But with the Automatic (RDP Session) it fails. Also with the Automatic (Console Session). The error message is

Verification failed ComputerName; Unable to create a user session on the remote computer.

I've also created on Task, and, the verify process on this job fails, also with the Login mode on "Manual" and the Remote Desktop Connection previously started. Here, the error message is

Verification failed Task1: Unable to launch a remote instance of TestComplete (TestExecute).

Here are the differnt points we already check:

* On the slave computer, the account used to connect on the Remote Desktop computer is in the local Administrator group.

* On the slave computer, under System Properties / Remote "Allow remote Assistance connections to this computer" is checked. "Allow connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentification(recommended)" is unchecked. Under "Select User", the account used to connect on the Remote Desktop computer is in the users listed to have access to the computer.

* Windows Firewall is deactivated on both computer.

* In the GPO for the slave computer, the following policies are applied:

- Allow users to connect remotely by using REmote Desktop Services : Enabled

- Prompt for credentials on the client computer : Disabled

- Require Remote Desktop Services to a single Remote desktop Services session : Enabled

- Always prompt for password upon connection : Disabled

- Require use of specific security layer for remote(RDP) connections : Enbled / Security Layer : Negotiate

* TestCompleteService11 are running on both computers. The TCP_ports for remote connections is 6090 on both computers.

* On the slave computer, User Account Control Settings is set to "Never notify".

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Christophe

3 Replies

• Do any security splash screens or messages appear when logging in manually through RDP? For instance my corporate network has a domain level security screen that's displayed on login, and TestComplete isn't able to get past it when connecting through RDP. Anything like that would need to be disabled on slave machines.

• Hi ghuff2,

thank you for help,

I've no additionnal security splash screens or message when I logging manually, only the credential before logging.

Regards,

Chrisotphe

• Hi to all,

there are some progress, as using verify on the Hosts is now successful.

However I'm still confused because refering to this page https://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/68272/ I'm suppose to have a Project File Name column, that I don't see (neither in the screenshot).

Were should I add the Project Name ? The task editor panel I have is exactly the same than on the screenshot.

Thanks for help,

regards,

Christophe

EDIT : get it by using the Field chooser. Strange to hide it by default