Forum Discussion

day
New Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Failed to initialize the tfs api library

Hello all,

Every time I launch any TestComplete project, it is giving me this error

If I click okay, then I get "Failed to initialize the TFS API library".

I don't have TFS or VS installed on this machine and I don't plan to use TFS.

So I am wondering if anyone knows how to get rid of this.

Thank you for your help in advance.

• Under Tools -> Options -> Source Control, it appears that you might have that set on at least one machine.  The attachment to source control is then stored in the MDS and/or PJS file.  

Probably the easiest way to correct this is, in the project explorer, right click on the project suite, select Source Control -> Unbind from Team Foundation Server.

If it's not on the project suite, do the same for the Project file itself.

2 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Under Tools -> Options -> Source Control, it appears that you might have that set on at least one machine.  The attachment to source control is then stored in the MDS and/or PJS file.  

Probably the easiest way to correct this is, in the project explorer, right click on the project suite, select Source Control -> Unbind from Team Foundation Server.

If it's not on the project suite, do the same for the Project file itself.

day
      New Contributor

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

Unfortunately, I can't unbind it from TFS since the options are grayed out but I did switch the Source Control from TFS to SCC API Providers Plugin Under Tools -> Options -> Source Control and that stopped the errors from occurring.

I am not sure if this is a permanent solution, but I think it will do for now.

Thank you again!