Forum Discussion

Iso_Yura
Contributor
2 years ago

Export Project suite Logs

I need to Export all Project Suite Logs in one step in ".tcLog or .tcLogX" formats that I can later import them into Project Suite.

I found that it's possible to do in Command Prompt, but I can't figure out how to do it.

In instance my project is located at "C:\Workspace\TC\project_one" and I want to save the logs into folder "C:\Workspace\Logs\project_one"

What should I enter in Command Prompt?

5 Replies

Iso_Yura
      Contributor

I saw the command /ExportLog:file_name on support page but when I use /exportLog:"C:\Workspace\Logs\project_one\Log.tcLogX" it doesn't work, 

I also tried "C:\Workspace\TC\project_one" /exportLog:"C:\Workspace\Logs\project_one\Log.tcLogX".

I know that I'm missing something, and this is what I'm trying to figure out what exactly I'm doing wrong.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

For example, run the following from the command prompt

TestComplete.exe "C:\My Projects\MySuite.pjs" /run /p:MyProj /exportLog:"C:\TestLogs\Log.tcLogX"

This will launch TC; run MySuite suite, project MyProj and export the log file to 'C:\TestLogs'.

Further examples are shown here Exporting Test Results

Iso_Yura
      Contributor

But it's not what I'm looking for. 

I need to export already existing Logs files as .tcLog or .tcLogX files.

From TC app I can't export logs in those file formats and command that you are referring to is exporting logs from particular project run(play) which is mentioned in the command.

This is why I was trying to modify the command above to export all existing Logs.