Forum Discussion

sarya
Frequent Contributor
15 years ago

Error on running network suite on VM

Hi,

I am trying to run the task from my network suite on the virtual machine.When I start the Run process,it stops after sometimes,giving an error as "VMname- address cannot be local" .VMname is the name of the vm on which I am running the network suite on.What does this error means?

Thanks.

10 Replies

schava
    Occasional Contributor
    I could be able to run on 6 VMs in a distributed environment. No issues observed. It looks to me that some configuration is missing from your end.

First try with the small script on all the vms and don't disturb the Master machine until ur script goes end. Later you can try with ur reqirement.

I tried first with Sanity then tried the longer scipts like 2 to 3 hrs script execution continously.

Thanks,

Sivaji

sarya
    Frequent Contributor
    I tried it without disturbing the master machine during execution and it works fine .Might be some problem because of that . It runs fine as of now.

Thanks,

Sumedha
    schava
    Occasional Contributor
    Is this the VM address verfied successfully in the Network suite. If there is any hyphen(-) or some special characters in your name itself it won't work. Always it looks for the VM names like characters only. For example : vm01. It should not be like VM-01 or something else.

Thanks,

Sivaji
  • Hi Sumedha,

This error occurs if a host has the same IP address as the master machine. You cannot use the master computer as a slave.

sarya
    Frequent Contributor

Hey David,

I am calling the network suite with a host as vmxp( a virtual machine with XP OS) . The master machine is my local machine where test complete is located. I have same settings on some other projects that work perfectly fine but some of the network suite projects show up with this error during run time .

Thanks,

Sumedha

• Hi Sumedha,

It seems that network settings of the virtual machine make it has the same IP address as the host machine. When resolving IP of the slave machine, TestComplete gets IP of the master machine and, therefore, shows this error. Please check the network settings of your virtual machines.

sarya
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi,

I have attached a screenshot of error.I get this error sometimes when I try to copy project to slave computers.It is coming intermittently.

Thanks,

Sumedha
  • Hi Sumedha,

When this dialog is displayed, TestComplete generates a dump file containing information on the error which occurred. Please send us this dump file directly via the Contact Support form. You can find the file in the 'C:\Users\sarya\AppData\Local\AutomatedQA\TestComplete\7.0\Logs\' folder.

We will analyze the dump file and try to find the cause of the problem.

• Hi Sumedha,

Thanks for sending the dump files. The problem will be fixed in the upcoming minor update of TestComplete.