Forum Discussion

Adagio
Frequent Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Error: The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.

Hi,

I'm running around 100 tests and I have to click the same button 'cancel' when the test ends.

Only today, I've experienced this kind of problem. When the  click event for 'cancel' button is about to occur(rarely..around once or twice during the whole run time), I see the error "The object invoked has disconnected from its clients." and the Click event is also unsuccessful.  

I'm trying to find out the root cause of this problem. Is it related to the tool? any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Abhi

• I figured out my issue.  Norton Password Vault is installed on my browser and it was throwing an alert for my vault password everytime the Firefox opened.  Settings were changed to stop that and the script ran great.

4 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Well evidently that could be a lot of things...

Google results

What is being tested and what's that click actually going to do?  

CSmirl
      Contributor

I'm replying so i can get in this conversation as I'm having the same issue.  We are evaluating TestComplete so we are using the sample shopping site provided by SmartBear.  Just clicking on the button to add to the cart.   Looping through  Chrome and Firefox.  When it hits Firefox it throws this error.  Strange as it was working yesterday.

CSmirl
        Contributor

I figured out my issue.  Norton Password Vault is installed on my browser and it was throwing an alert for my vault password everytime the Firefox opened.  Settings were changed to stop that and the script ran great.