Forum Discussion

DanielS
New Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Empty Tests

When I record a test in Chrome and click the stop button here is what I am shown in TestComplete

function Test1()
{

}

Nothing that I am doing in the web app is actually being recorded. I can run the same exact steps in Firefox and everything works perfectly. The only issue with that is that our app currently has an issue working in Firefox so I am unable to complete all of the steps I need. I have followed the document for setting up Chrome to work with TestComplete, I have made sure the "Use legacy web testing features" setting is turned off for my project. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. At one point I had it work in Chrome just 1/7 times. Any suggestions??

DanielS
    9 years ago

It looks like I may have found the issue with this. I am using Windows 10, which comes with Windows Defender. Windows Defender is actively scanning when browsing the web. Once I turned the active scan feature off on Windows Defender I have not seen my tests show up empty after recording. I was able to create 10 tests in a row successfully, with zero failures.

2 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Daniels,

Try starting TestComplete “As Administrator” – right-click TestComplete.exe and select this option from the context menu.

DanielS
      New Contributor

It looks like I may have found the issue with this. I am using Windows 10, which comes with Windows Defender. Windows Defender is actively scanning when browsing the web. Once I turned the active scan feature off on Windows Defender I have not seen my tests show up empty after recording. I was able to create 10 tests in a row successfully, with zero failures.