Ask a Question

Earlier script not working for test complete 12.5

VNA
Occasional Contributor

Earlier script not working for test complete 12.5

Hi,

My script prepared in 12.42 and earlier versions of test complete is not working for latest version means 12.50.

Can any one suggest me on this.

Regards,

Veena.

13 REPLIES 13
tristaanogre
Esteemed Contributor

OK, so the code is executing just fine?  That's a different story entirely.

Do you get any error messages or anything when selecting "Highlight on screen" from the context menu in NameMapping or your workspace?

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
VNA
Occasional Contributor

I am getting simply this messageI am getting simply this message

tristaanogre
Esteemed Contributor

There could be many reasons for that message.  I get it all the time when I attempt to highlight an object that doesn't have a visual rendering on screen (Visible is set to false, for example) or, in some way, it is not a visual component.

Basically, if you can't see it on screen, chances are you cannot highlight it.  You may still be able to see it in the object browser (context menu has option "View in object browser") where you can see what might be preventing the highlighting (visible is false, it's hidden, height and width are both 0, etc).

So... my suspicion is that it's not necessarily a problem with 12.50 but perhaps a context thing... that, in a specific situation, you may not be able to highlight something on screen.

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
cunderw
Community Hero

We really need a lot more information to be able to help at all. Just saying something doesn't work doesn't provide us whith an information at all. We need examples, application, type, code samples, screenshots of the mapping etc... The more information you provide, the more likely it is that we can help debug the problem. 

Thanks,
Carson

Click the Accept as Solution button if my answer has helped
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: