Forum Discussion

jeremyt
Contributor
10 years ago

Double click method not working

I'm testing an application that has what amounts to a sticky note that you double click on to open up a panel that allows you to enter a body of text. The note lives on the canvas and is not considered an object so to open it what I do is just call a DblClick on the canvas using coordinates where the note is located.

["Window"]("#32770", "", 16)["DblClick"](585, 260);

The problem is the note rarely opens after the DblClick is performed. The log reports no errors and when I watch it run it does appear to click on the note as expectd but the panel still doesn't come up. However if I do it manually it comes up everytime. It almost seems like the double click is actually happening too fast!

Anyone have an idea on how to fix or work around this issue?

3 Replies

• I know this might sound basic but have you tried adding a delay before the double click action just to make sure that its not performing the action too fast for the Software to recognise?
    Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3
    You can also use a WaitProperty or some other version of Wait before the double click to make sure that the note has come up and has properly loaded before it's clicked.