Forum Discussion

Blur
Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Distributed testing - failed verification

I've noticed that when I try to connect to the 3 virutal machines from TestComplete that they would fail to verify.  It appears to be the group policy at the start where I have to confirm that I understand.  That single 'OK' button seems to make me unable to verify.  Verification fails when I use automatic RDP/Console session.  However, manual verification is successful as I do remote destop connection and proceed to press 'OK'.

One of the requirements for setting up distributed testing is that I have to disable group policies.  Is there a way around this?  The people in charge of IT do not really want me to disable group policies.

Edit: Convinced them to look into it.

My other issue now is that I stored all the project files into a shared drive.  However, I can't access the drive which in my case ist he P: drive.  It is already mapped.

Drives.jpg

• One way around it is to use a start up script the sets the notice and consent prompt behavior. This way, the admins get to keep there policy and you're not bothered with it.

You'll need a bat file that contains the following

regedit.exe /s C:\YOURDirectory\YOURStartUp.reg

Where YOURStartUp.reg contains:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
    "ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin"=dword:00000000
    "ConsentPromptBehaviorUser"=dword:00000000
    "EnableLUA"=dword:00000000
    "legalnoticecaption"=-
    "legalnoticetext"=-

You can get to the startscripts by typing gpedit.msc in the run box and then choosing--> Local Computer Policy --> Windows Settings --> Scripts (Startup/Shutdow)

2 Replies

• One way around it is to use a start up script the sets the notice and consent prompt behavior. This way, the admins get to keep there policy and you're not bothered with it.

You'll need a bat file that contains the following

regedit.exe /s C:\YOURDirectory\YOURStartUp.reg

Where YOURStartUp.reg contains:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
    "ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin"=dword:00000000
    "ConsentPromptBehaviorUser"=dword:00000000
    "EnableLUA"=dword:00000000
    "legalnoticecaption"=-
    "legalnoticetext"=-

You can get to the startscripts by typing gpedit.msc in the run box and then choosing--> Local Computer Policy --> Windows Settings --> Scripts (Startup/Shutdow)

Blur
      Contributor

Ah, thanks.  Someone suggested playing around the registry but I wasn't sure how to go about doing so.