5 years ago
Solved

Detach event from test complete

Hi all,

My case:

1. I have several keyword tests in my project

2. I also have OnLogError General Event attached 

The problem

In one of the keyword test I have to turn it off.

Is it possible to do it?

Thanks tcuser3 ...

• tcuser3 wrote:

Hi and thank you for a quick reply.

One more thing - is there a way to do it FROM testitem and not by adding code to the event itself ?

Thanks tcuser3 ...

Short answer, no... because it's an event.  As soon as an error is logged and the event triggers, the event handler takes over.  You would have to make sure that, from your actual keyword test or script code you don't actually call anything that generates an error in the test log.  This includes propery checkpoints and other processes that write errors to the test log.

4 Replies

anupamchampati
    Frequent Contributor

Yes you can do that. Just go into OnLogError general event and write the condition in it.

if (Project.TestItems.Current.Name == 'Keyword Test Name to Skip'
    { // Do nothing
    null;
    }
    else
    {
    // For remaining cases
    }

tcuser3
      Occasional Contributor

One more thing - is there a way to do it FROM testitem and not by adding code to the event itself ?

Thanks tcuser3 ...

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

tcuser3 wrote:

Thanks tcuser3 ...

Short answer, no... because it's an event.  As soon as an error is logged and the event triggers, the event handler takes over.  You would have to make sure that, from your actual keyword test or script code you don't actually call anything that generates an error in the test log.  This includes propery checkpoints and other processes that write errors to the test log.