Forum Discussion

alexsil
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Desktop trial license (fixed user) denies acces to TestComplete just 4 days into 30 day trial period

Any idea why does this happen? I'm putting together a Proof of Concept for my manager and this is a showstopper and blocker, putting the consideration o this product at risk for us.
    alexsil
    3 years ago

Hello there,

I would expect people who bother to try it out, to bother to read the requirements (it's not like the list is THAT long or complex).
    In any case, support did provide a solution, and IT WORKED.

Here's the full response:
    The error you received while trying to uninstall has been encountered in previous versions and was usually fixed by clearing the registries on the machine. Alternatively you can try running the installer with the command line parameter "-cleanup". This should properly remove any registries TestComplete had added during the installation, allowing you to perform the reinstallation.

If you still receive the error, then we may need to manually remove them. Please clear the TestComplete-related registries from these folders:
    * Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\
    * Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstal
    * Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\SmartBear\TestComplete\14.0

I tried running the installer with that option exactly like this:
    "TestComplete_T859671843957SLM.exe -SLM -silentmode -cleanup"

And that did the trick: I was able to reinstall TC (ran the installer again due to previous uninstall failed attempt) just fine.
    And told them it may be a good idea to add this to the Q&A section.