Forum Discussion

Stevan
Contributor
2 years ago

Creating a check point on a drop down Menu

I am trying to create a check point for a drop down menu using Test Complete.  When I am recording a keyword test. Once I select a drop down menu , it creates a red line around, once I select create checkpoint, everything in that had a red line around it becomes blank. It does not capture anything,

What am I doing wrong?

9 Replies

• Hi Stevan!

Interesting issue, usually there is no special procedure for creating checkpoints.

Can you tell us which version of TestComplete you are running and what type of app you are testing?

Lastly, would it be possible for you to provide a screenshot of this exact issue?

Stevan
      Contributor

Good Morning

I am using Version: 15.40.421.7 x64.

I am running a test on using a desktop application. once I click on a menu item on the application a drop down appears

Hear I want to create a check point to make sure all the menu items remain the same. when i hover it marks everything with a red line, this is when I try to create a quick check point, once I Do that, everything that is highlighted inside the red box goes blank. I will try to create a video.

Stevan
      Contributor

Here is a video I made, as you can tell when trying to create a checkpoint, it boarders everything in a red line then when I select checkpoint, it all disappears. 

Stevan
      Contributor

I have attached a video showing how it behaves when trying to create a checkpoint. 

Andrews555
    New Contributor

Stevan wrote:

I am trying to create a check point for a drop down menu using Test Complete.  When I am recording a keyword test. Once I select a drop down menu , it creates a red line around, once I select create checkpoint, everything in that had a red line around it becomes blank. It does not capture anything,

My AARP Medicare

What am I doing wrong?

You can create object checkpoints both during test recording and design time. To help you set up object checkpoints, TestComplete includes the Object Checkpoint wizard. The rest of this topic provides step-by-step instructions on using the wizard.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

This reminds me of custom controls, if the object spy tool is not able to recognise individual UI Objects, it’s most likely a custom control.