Forum Discussion

Adagio
Frequent Contributor
7 years ago

Connecting to Oracle DB issue

Hello,

I have this connection string to set up a connection between TestComplete Tests and Oracle DB. I have 2 problems here
1. I want to pass the Schema and Database Name in the Connection String. Not sure what params should I add for that in the connection string.
2. When I run the following piece of code, I get an error

"JavaScript runtime error. [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name too long Error location: "

Here's the code that I'm using: 

var  conn  = ADO.CreateADOConnection();

conn.ConnectionString = "DRIVER={Oracle in OraClient12Home1_32bit};Data Source=(DESCRIPTION =(ADDRESS_LIST =(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = tt-mpt.domain.com)(PORT = 1521)))(CONNECT_DATA =(SERVICE_NAME = XYZ))); User Id=XREAD; Password=XREAD;"

conn.LoginPrompt = false;                            
conn.Open();
Log.Message("Oracle connection established");

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you

Abhi

2 Replies

Adagio
    Frequent Contributor

Hello,

I have this connection string to set up a connection between TestComplete Tests and Oracle DB. I have 2 problems here

1. I want to pass the Schema and Database Name in the Connection String. Not sure what params should I add for that in the connection string.

2. When I run the following piece of code, I get an error

"JavaScript runtime error. [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name too long Error location: "

Code with connection String: 

var  conn  = ADO.CreateADOConnection();

conn.ConnectionString = "DRIVER={Oracle in OraClient12Home1_32bit};Data Source=(DESCRIPTION =(ADDRESS_LIST =(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = tt-mpt.domain.com)(PORT = 1521)))(CONNECT_DATA =(SERVICE_NAME = XYZ))); User Id=XREAD; Password=XREAD;"

conn.LoginPrompt = false;                            
    conn.Open();
    Log.Message("Oracle connection established");

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you

Abhi