Forum Discussion

Goran
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Complex testing scenario

Hi to all,

I need guidelines on how to test one complex application.

We have key functionality we need to test with every new version (build) of the application. These functionalities are organized into one TC project.

Every build contains new functionalities which are organized into new TC project or several new projects that resides on several testers machines.

My question is how to organize one project suite which contains one (key) project that will run again and again with every build, the same project suite also must run other TC project from same or from different computers? Project suite must be able to get information "dynamically" (I presume from some kind of ini file) on other testcomplete projects that should be run. 

We don't want to create new project suite every time we introduce new features, but, if it is possible, we want to gather info about new TC projects that covers new features "on the fly", and run everything from single computer even if those new TC projects resides on different machines.

Regards, Goran V.

1 Reply

irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Goran,

I recommend that you change the project logic a little bit (it will help you manage your projects easier in future). The most suitable approach in your case, in my opinion, is using the Test Items feature. Using this feature, you can easily specify the sequence of tests to be executed. Also, you can include or exclude the needed test from the run by checking or clearing an appropriate check box in the Test Items page.

If you need to run tests on different machines, you can share your project and run it on other machines through the network.

I hope this helps :)