mismatched version of TestExecute? Or is there any limitation. I did not find

any dependency in installation guide.

Thanks,

Amir

3 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Amir,

I think that you should look in your company for the person who owns login details to SmartBear user portal. There, on the portal, you will see how many licenses for TestComplete and TestExecute you have and can download any of 8.xx versions of both tools.

I think that you can contact SmartBear's Sales if it is too complex to find the one who has login details in your company and try to ask them for the help.

Yes, TestComplete/TestExecute are backward compatible (i.e. they can open (and upgrade!) projects from the previous version), but it is required that exactly the same version of the tool must be used for Network testing.
    AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Amir,

It looks like you are trying to run Networked test. In this case versions of TestComplete/TestExecute on the master and slave machines must be the same.
  • Alex,

My company has no. of floating license of TestComplete 8.20, but I'm not sure if we have same version of TestExecute as well. I am trying if we can run our project suite via Test Execute only on any test base machine or on VM. Therefore I tried with trial version of Test Execute. Do you know if there is a link, from where I can download any previous version of Test Execute like 8.20. Right now, I can only see Test Execute 9.0

So that comes in my mind if Test execute versions has backward or forward compatibility to Test Complete when we talk about configuring the Firewall to allow their services to run.

I thnk this will be very important to any client.

Thanks for your first reply,

Amir