Forum Discussion

testbogus
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Combine keyword tests between projects and run them in suite

Hello
When I create multiple projects and run them in suite, can I combine the keyword tests for each project?
I'm curious about the method.

Execution plans can be made within one project, but is it possible to select only the keyword tests that you want to execute in different projects and combine the order when executing them in suite units?

• Hi,

Test suite is just a container for test project(s). It is possible to have a set of test suites that contain existing test projects in different combinations.

Thus it is test project that contains all required testing entities.

However, you can reference entities that belong to one test project from another one using Add|Existing Item context menu command.

4 Replies

testbogus
      Occasional Contributor

There is no problem at the time of execution for each keyword test unit, but there were cases where an error occurred when executing a combination of keyword tests in the execution plan.

Therefore, if you can execute a combination of keyword tests on a suite basis, I would like to confirm that the operation works without error.

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

Test suite is just a container for test project(s). It is possible to have a set of test suites that contain existing test projects in different combinations.

Thus it is test project that contains all required testing entities.

However, you can reference entities that belong to one test project from another one using Add|Existing Item context menu command.