Forum Discussion

sanket2799
Occasional Contributor
12 months ago

Chrome Browser

Hi, 

I am trying to do web testing, but the Object Browser of TestComplete does not show the chrome browser even if the chrome window is opened.

10 Replies

• Latest update on the Chrome 113 issue - 

Chrome has released an update to their version 113 that stabilizes the TestComplete web testing experience. The TestComplete team has been swarming since discovery of this issue. Although the Chrome update resolved the issues being seen, we will still be releasing a new version of TestComplete this week to ensure this will not cause issues in future versions of Chrome. Additionally, the impact to Edge has been identified and we anticipate an update early next week.

MW_Didata
    Regular Contributor

Chrome version 113 does not work with Testcomplete at the moment.

They're working on it to get it working again.

Try Edge, you could make your tests now and switch them later to Chrome

sanket2799
    Occasional Contributor

Oh OK, Thanks for this information😊. I will try running my tests on edge 

sanket2799
      Occasional Contributor

Yes I checked that, The extension was getting installed

sanket2799
      Occasional Contributor

I ran test on TestExecute15, there it ran normally,  so is it that 14 version of TestComplete is not supporting Chrome 113 version whereas TestExecute15 is supporting?

• Hey! Here Pawel from SmartBear.

The dev team on our side is already working to solve the problem. We expect the problem to be solved by the middle of next week.

The last supported version of Chrome is version 112. As a temporary workaround, users can downgrade to Google Chrome 112 to ensure compatibility. Really appreciate your patience and sorry for inconveniences.

Best regards,

Pawel Mularczyk

Product Manager for TestComplete

sanket2799
      Occasional Contributor

Actually, we are running the test on Pipeline, so it is not under my control to downgrade the chrome version, it is automatically installing the latest version.