Forum Discussion

nisgupta
Valued Contributor
4 years ago

Chrome Browser tests - Smartbear Test Extension is not Installed or is Diabled

We are running our chrome browser tests every 30 minutes of the Day. We are using testExecute . But some test fail at some random time. Look at the MHT report Showing - SmartBear Test Extension is not Installed or is Disabled.

We already SmartBear test Extension installed/enabled in Chrome browser .

12 Replies

ApplePen
    Community Leader

Hi,

According to your description, still cannot locate the problem.

When the problem happened, whether it can be restored?

If it can be restored, I suggest you to add some codes to control that exception.

You're able to use Event function to do it.

When the warning message contains 'Test Extension is not Installed ' in log, restart browser and test it again.

Please check the link Handling-Events  in detail.

abishekhari007
        Champion Level 0

Can you try reinstalling the Test complete extension in chrome

• It means that it was either not installed, or it was removed from the browser. Install the extension manually: Launch the browser (Chrome or Chromium-based Edge). If you use Edge, click Settings > Extensions and select the Allow extensions from other stores check box.

nisgupta
      Valued Contributor

Thomas514 

Thank you for the updates.

We are runing tests every 30 minutes of the day. some of the tests fail at particaular times .

for e.g. there are 4 tests running every 30 minutes of the day

Test 1, Test 2, Test 3, Test 4

So Test 1  test 2 failed on Jan 20 at 7:25 PM and 7:27 PM respectively and display the message SmartBear Test Extension is not installed or is Disabled.

If Extension is not installed then Tests must be failing every 30 minutes .

Thanks

Nishchal

abishekhari007
        Champion Level 0

HI 
        You have to install the Testcomplete extension in chrome, click "settings > extensions > "search for extension" > install" and now run your tests

• Recently, I've had similar issues. I was running TestComplete version 14.5 and Chrome 87. 

The Chrome extension was installed and had been working for a while. Then, TestComplete started reporting that the extension was not installed. Chrome still showed that it was installed. My colleagues using the same configuration were not experiencing the issue. 

We were able to fix the issue by upgrading to TestComplete version 14.72 and re-installing the Chrome extension. 

Good luck to you.