Forum Discussion

Lagencie
Frequent Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Change from SVN to GIT

Is it possible to change a Project Suite from SVN to GIT checkin?

When i try it it always says that I need to close the project before changing to GIT, when I do this and reopen the project it tells me that it is using another Source Controll and that it will set my current settings to SVN

Lagencie
    6 years ago

I guess it was because of an older Subversion Version ... I found in the Testcomplete Help that I can delete it from the .pjs File manually.

Tried it and it worked. Not sure why I couldnt delete it within Testcomplete, changing the Source Controll with Testcomplete open and project closed did work but opening the Project Suite said, it has to change the settings as the Source Controll Version is different.

6 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

The source control that a project is "bound" to is stored in the MDS file and PJS file of the project and project suite.  You should unbind the project first from SVN, change your integration to GIT, and then rebind.

Lagencie
      Frequent Contributor

But how do I unbind it in TestComplete?

When I go into Tools Options and try to change it from SVN to None it only says it can not be changed while the project is open. Or do I have to delete some lines in the pjs file manually?

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Right click on the Project Suite in the Project Explorer, select "Source Control -> Unbind from SVN".  Then, once it's unbound, save the project suite.  You should then be able to change the source control settings and rebind to GIT.