Forum Discussion

Nformation
Contributor
10 years ago

Cannot see Objects in Chrome 35

Firefox 30 and IE 11 work fine, but I'm interested in mobile web testing and cannot get Chrome working. I'm using Chrome 35 (and can't find a download for 34) and the object spy only sees the entire browser area, not elements within the browser.

As far as I can tell, I've configured my Requirements for Web Testing and I've confirmed the plugins I have installed in the Extensions window. 

I also have the Chrome extension installed and enabled. I'm out of ideas. Any suggestions?

Both TC and Chrome Extension are on version 10.30.1145. Thanks.

3 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

Did you install Chrome on the computer when TestComplete had already been installed? Try reinstalling TestComplete in Modify mode and make sure to activate the Web module.

• I've been away for a week. Also, I have a thread about this in the novice forum, so feel free to respond to either.

Originally, Chrome was installed before TC. When I ran into this issue, I uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome. The Web module was already installed, but just now I reinstalled TC with the Web module selected (as you suggested), but this made no difference.  I'm not sure what else to check.