Forum Discussion

TestMon
New Contributor
14 years ago

Cannot Connect using the Network Suite

I am having a problem with verifying a connection between 2 systems, using the Network Suite/Hosts Editor

When I try to log into computer 2 (Comp2) from my main computer (Comp1), I get a message:

Verification Failed:

Comp2: Timeout. Try to log in manually.

I am logged into both systems and TC is running on both (the TC Service and tcrea.exe are running).

I am running XP-SP2 and SP3 and .Net frameworks up through 3.5SP1

Thanks!

4 Replies

stevew
    New Contributor
    I get problems too. It connects OK but then I just get: Verification Failed -Unable to launch a remote isntance of TestComplete (TestExecute). Please make sure that TestComplete (TestExecute) can be started on the remote computer. To do this lauch manually.
  • Hello Steve,

Please try to log in to Comp2 manually under TestComplete's account and see whether any dialog boxes appear at the startup. The dialog boxes can prevent the slave from verifying correctly and cause the message.

To Stephen: this is a known problem, and we have contacted you regarding it.

• Hello Allen,

I have the same problem. Message box with User Name and Password fields appears on the screen in case I am trying to connect to Comp2 with connected VPN connection.

Could you please explain how I can avoid this message appearing, or how can I specify login credentials to run network suite test with established VPN connection?

• Hello John,

You need to connect to slave computers using VPN before verifying hosts. So, I suggest that you create a simple test that establishes the connection automatically (open the Connect dialog and perform necessary actions) and create a scheduled task that runs the test at the system startup.