Forum Discussion

5 Replies

• Hi Karl,

As you are the only person asking to implement this functionality, the suggestion's rating is still very low, and therefore, it has not been implemented yet. Besides that, since the task can be accomplished in another way, the suggestion is not considered to be crucial. I can try to raise the suggestion's priority if you describe why the current approach (using the Utilities object) does not meet your needs and why you actually need to display the milliseconds in your test.

kalli
    Occasional Contributor

I need to display and use milliseconds in my tests because they are quite time-sensitive and require exact times for comparison purposes.

However, I can use the Utilities object while it's available, albeit obsolete. I just thought it would be good practice to upgrade my code so it doesn't use obsolete methods.

K

• Hi Karl,

Measuring precise timing is not a task for an automated testing tool, actually. If you need to measure detailed performance of your tested application, I strongly recommend that you use a profiling tool instead. For example, you can use our tool - AQtime:

http://www.automatedqa.com/products/aqtime/

Note that TestComplete provides special features for integration with AQtime.

• Hi, Allen

If you say that measuring precise timing is not a task for an automated testing tool then how can you explain that aqUtils.Deplay() takes time in milliseconds? Isn't it too precise for TestComplete? Following your words it's just a bug and we all know, that bugs must be removed from product.
  • Hi Alexander,

First of all, note that the Delay method is not related to measuring performance in any way - it is usually used to make tests more stable when the default delay between events is too small and TestComplete works with the tested application faster than a real user. Secondly, in some cases, it is enough to wait less than one second and there is no need to delay the test longer. If there are multiple Delay method calls (for example, if the same call is performed in a loop), it is much more convenient to specify a more precise delay.