Ask a Question

Can't find the Watch window in the debugger.

SOLVED
Claddaghduff
Occasional Contributor

Can't find the Watch window in the debugger.

I'm trying to debug a script and want to see the values of objects and their properties. I highlight the object and add a watch but there is no window showing the added watch. I'm new to TestComplete; the previous day I was using the watch, it was displayed below the editor. I must have somehow hidden it but can't find how to display it again. Does anyone know how to display it again?

TIA Alan

4 REPLIES 4
vinniew
Staff

Hi @Claddaghduff 

Hope you are well.

I think what is happening is that the "object spy" is missing from your toolbar selection 

This is highly customizable however if your tool bars are at the top simply rightclick and ensure "tools" are selected. 

Alternatively if you click on view>toolsbars>restart default tool bar this will use the default tool bar

Afterwords your object spy tool will be visible on top of your workspace

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/exploring-apps/object-spy/index.html

Let me know if this helps 

KR

Vinnie 

Claddaghduff
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Vinnie. I was trying to find the Watch List for variables/object in the javascripts editor whilst debugging javascript. I found a way to do it by opening the Expression window and dragging it in the javascript editor. It now appears in there any time I open the editor.

@Claddaghduff ah I see The spy is useful just not in this case. 

So the watchlist, There are a few ways to get the watch list up 

Below should help should it disappear again from your view 

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/debugging/panels/watch-list/about.html

KR

Vinnie

ps not sure if your a local but Claddaghduff is a lovely spot, il be heading to Omey island this weekend (pending weather and favorable tide times!) 

Claddaghduff
Occasional Contributor

Hi Vinnie,

I have a little house on the road to the beach 😁. Love it

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: