Forum Discussion

15 years ago

Can not launch Testcomplete 7 trial version

Hi all,

I have a 32-bit Windows 7 Ultimate. I have just downloaded and installed TestComplete7 trial version.

As soon as I was done installing, Windows Firewall popped-up asking whether I want to grant tcera.exe access to the Internet.

Although I granted this file access through the firewall, TestComplete 7 does not work!

Once I click on TestComplete7 icon in the Start menu, I notice some hard disk activity for few seconds and then nothing shows up!

Note that before I installed TestComplete7, I had installed TestComplete 6.5 and notice the same behavior where TestComplete does not launch!. I, therefore, uninstalled TestComplete 6.5 thinking that it is a Windows7 compatibility problem and installed TestComplete 7 and here where I am today.

Can anyone shed some light on my problem?

1 Reply

• Hi,

To help us investigate the problem, please follow the steps below:

1. Download a free trial version of AQtime 6, which is our profiling tool, from our web site. The trial can be requested on this page of our web site.

2. Install the tool.

3. Start AQtime.

4. Select the 'File | New Project From Module...' main menu item.

5. In the Open File dialog, select the TestComplete.exe file and click Open.

6. Take a look at the AQtime toolbar - there is a combo box. Open it and select the "Tracing | Exception Trace Profiler" item.

7. Select the "Options | Options..." main menu command - the Options dialog will appear.

8. Set the "Profiling Time | Event View | General | Exceptions | Depth shown" setting to 100 and click OK.

9. Click the Run toolbar button (the green arrow) or press F5 to start the profiling.

10. AQtime will start TestComplete and trace all exceptions that will occur in the application.

11. After the problem occurs, right-click somewhere within the Event View panel (it is opened by default at the bottom of AQtime's window) and select the 'Save All...' item.

12. Save the panel's contents to an HTML file and send us the file via our Contact Support form.

Thanks in advance.