Forum Discussion

pkimmel
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Can Testcomplete do distributed testing if an application is installed at different locations?

Can Testcomplete do distributed testing if an application is installed at different locations?  On one PC the application is installed in Program Files, in the other it is installed in Program Files ...
    8 years ago

hi pkimmel,

I assume the exe you're trying to execute is in several places but has the same name.

you have to distinguish the way you launch the exe and the way you work with one of its instances in memory.

thus, you could launch several instances of an object and you could use for this the "TestedApps" items.

for example, I added the testedapp "cmd" with a parameter :

TestedApps.Clear;
    TestedApps.Add('\\mylocation\myapp.exe', '/my parameter', 1, true, '');
    TestedApps.myapp.Run;

as you see, you could run a cmd.exe from any location. so you could by the code, with some switching parameters, use the same script to launch one exe or another.

and... when the instance will be in memory, the aliases or the objects names in memory will be obviously the same...

m_essaid
    8 years ago

and if the name is not exactly the same (for example myexev1.exe and myexev2.exe) you could use conditionnal mapping with both processes names and an "OR" operator.