Forum Discussion

tomh_1
Contributor
7 years ago

Can TestComplete interact with the Edge browser notification popup or can the popup be disabled?

The Edge browser's notification popup appears to be invisible to TestComplete and unfortunately, the popup blocks access to the portions of the UI that are behind it. (See images attached)

Can TestComplete interact with the notfication popups, if so, how? Can the Edge browser notification popups be disabled?
Note: This is not an application notification, so 'settings>>Advanced Settings>>Notifications Manage' does not help.

Thanks for having a look and I appreciate any thoughts on the subject.

Tom

6 Replies

tomh_1
      Contributor

Hi Marsha,

I have been through all the setup.

Thanks for your response.  

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi Tom,

> Can TestComplete interact with the notfication popups

Yes, it can.

In my case (TC12.31 on Win10), the Open button was identified as

Sys.Browser("edge").BrowserWindow(0).UIAObject("Notification").UIAObject("Open")

tomh_1
      Contributor

Hi Alex,

This is interesting.  In my object browser, 'BrowserWindow(0)' has no children....kind of.  It shows the + symbol but if I click on it, the object does not expand but the + symbol disappears, and then reappears.  I tried executing an action using the namemapping you provided but TC could not find the UIA object.

The UI Automation Support plug-in is installed.  

Microsoft Edge 38.14393.1066.0

TestComplete 12.31.1833.7

Any ideas?

Thanks so much for your help.

Tom

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi Tom,

The only idea that I have at the moment is that Microsoft UI Automation (UIA) technology requires a license for the Desktop module. Do you know if you have it ?