Forum Discussion

MarkSchofer
Frequent Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Cache -Scripts using Cached Info

I have scripts that log to various applications and I notices they are logging as other users than that in the keyword script. 
Do I need to clean out the cache every time .....I have scripts to close the browsers but they seem to be ignoring the settings I have on the browsers..  

• I have a Python Script that does this..  It logs out and closes all active sessions of a browser. I am not a Python developer but I can be fairly adept at figuring this out.  I re wrote it last night and it seems to be working better.  I am trying to not rely on users and trying to let my script(s) be smart enough.

Thanks for the reply.

5 Replies

• Hi MarkSchofer 

Are you running these scripts on your local (or remote) machine where you have active sessions on these applications, or on a machine with no active sessions?

Closing the browser alone would not necessarily log you out of an application session, it sounds like you may need to logout of one session before running your script, so it can create it's own session.

MarkSchofer
      Frequent Contributor

I have a Python Script that does this..  It logs out and closes all active sessions of a browser. I am not a Python developer but I can be fairly adept at figuring this out.  I re wrote it last night and it seems to be working better.  I am trying to not rely on users and trying to let my script(s) be smart enough.

Thanks for the reply.

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

mikef is right.  Don't rely on closing the browser.  Log into your app and out of your app at the beginning and end of a test.