Forum Discussion

twelve
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

Bugzilla

Hello,

I try to set up an issue tracking template as documented in the Testcomplete manual. However I'm facing several issues:

1. After putting the address "http://myserver/cgi-bin/bugzilla" into the URL field of the connection manager (and a correct username and password), an error message appeared: "Unable to log in to Bugzilla. Please make sure you use the correct server address, login and password and try again."

With the help of the server logs I found out that Testcomplete did not try to access the URL above but instead "http://myserver/CGI-BIN/BUGZILLA" (note that it's all uppercase), which obviously did not exist. Is this a bug? I managed to work around it by creating the necessary symlinks on the Bugzilla server.

2. Now Testcomplete was able to find the Bugzilla installation, but claimed that "No mapping for the Unicode character exists in the target multi-byte code page". My Bugzilla installation is using an UTF-8 character set, all special characters are displayed correctly, and the webserver sends back the response header "Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8" as it should. What is the problem here? I converted the Bugzilla installation to ISO-8859-1, since it's only a testdrive anyway, and the error message disappeared. But we won't be able to do that on the production server, which uses Unicode at the filesystem, database and webserver level. 

3. Now the final problem which I could not solve: The connection manager of Testcomplete does not find any "top-level projects" on the specified server. The list of projects stays empty (see attached picture after clicking on Project in the Template Editor). How can this be solved? The manual states that "To post issues to Bugzilla, Bugzilla 3.0.3 or 3.4 is required on the server computer and no other special software is required on the computer where TestComplete is installed", so I set up a vanilla Bugzilla 3.4.0 on the server but still no luck. My Bugzilla contains two products, each product has one component and each component one version. What is preventing the Template Manager of Testcomplete from finding any projects?

Thanks!

8 Replies

twelve
    Occasional Contributor

Hello,

did no one ever experience this problem with Bugzilla? Are there some specific changes that I need to do to Bugzilla?

Or should I open a support case with that problem?

• Hi,

Problem #1.

With the help of the server logs I found out that Testcomplete did not try to access the URL above but instead "http://myserver/CGI-BIN/BUGZILLA" (note that it's all uppercase), which obviously did not exist. Is this a bug?

This is the expected behavior of TestComplete - it does not support case-sensitive URLs. You need to set up your server to make it case-insensitive.

For example, if you use Apache, see this web page to learn how to do this.

Problem #2.

We will try to reproduce the problem and investigate it. I will keep you updated on the progress.

Problem #3.

Could you check how TestComplete 8 works for your server?

You can request a trial version here.

Let me know how it goes.
    twelve
    Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I enabled the speling module now, but I was also able to work around that problem by using symlinks on the server.

Testcomplete 8 behaves exactly the same as Testcomplete 7.5: It converts all URLs to uppercase, it displays an error message when the website is using utf8 and it doesn't find any Projects.

Is there anything I have to set up on the server except installing a vanilla Bugzilla and creating a random product with a subcomponent?

Thanks!

• Hi,

We have performed some testing and could not reproduce problems 2 and 3. We tried with Bugzilla 3.4.8 (have not found 3.4.0) on Apache 2.2 web server, and everything worked just fine. Please try using version 3.4.8 and see if this makes a difference.

If the problem is still there, what about providing access to your test web site so we could reproduce the problem? You can send the information to us directly using this page.
    twelve
    Occasional Contributor

H!

I tested with Bugzilla 3.4.8 on Apache 2.2 and Perl 5.10.0. Problem #2 does not occur with that version, however Testcomplete still does not find any projects (Problem #3).

Before setting up a test environment, I want to try to debug issue #3. I had a look at the traffic between Testcomplete and Bugzilla with a packet sniffer:

* TC accesses /query.cgi?GoAheadAndLogIn=1&Bugzilla_restrictlogin=&Bugzilla_password=password&Bugzilla_login=email@address using POST. "Password" and "email@address" being the data that was entered into the connection manager in TC. The specified account is an administrator.

* Bugzilla accepts the login, sends back a cookie and the "Find a Specific Bug" page (/query.cgi)

* TC then requests /query.cgi?format=advanced&js=1&rememberjs=1 using the cookie from above.

* Bugzilla replies with the "Advanced Search" page. I attached the HTML code of this reply.

* Then TC trys to access /relogin.cgi, without supplying any action parameter, so Bugzilla redirects to /index.cgi with the HTTP code 302

* As a last step, TC calls /index.cgi and Bugzilla sends back the requested index page. TC then reports that it made a successful connection but could not find any top-level projects.

Now my question is: What exactly is Testcomplete looking for on the Advanced Search page? I guess it's parsing the HTML code and by "top-level projects" the Bugzilla products are meant. However I added products, components and versions to the Bugzilla installation, yet Testcomplete seems unable to recognize them.

• Hi,

Based on the information you have provided, TestComplete should work correctly with your Bugzilla instance.

To investigate the problem, we need to access your test web server. Is it possible?