Forum Discussion

FDM1
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago

Browser object missing from TC object browser

I'm working with GUI interface running on Chormium.  But test complete's object browser does not detect it. It is able to see Chrome, Fire Fox, IE.

9 Replies

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

Ah, yes.  Forgot about that setting.  I rarely filter my processes because I never know what I'm going to be working with.

There are several other options on that screen as well.  One that might be activated is the "Show Tested Applications Only"

If that's set, only if you have an application defined as a "Tested Application" in your project will it show up in the process list.

FDM1
    Occasional Contributor

Others in my test group are able to.  TC doesn't recognize Chromium as an object that is running in windows even though it is.  

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

FDM1 wrote:

Others in my test group are able to.  

So, others in your test group can see Chromium as a process and you can't?  So, am I understanding that this is beyond just whether or not you can automate the web page but that you're having problems seeing it as a process in Windows?

Are you executing Chromium in the same way that they are?  It almost seems like you're running it differently.  I'd start with sitting side by side with someone from your group and comparing system settings, etc.   One thing to check is whether or not you have the Desktop extension enabled. 

Note that since Chromium is NOT a supported browser, all you can do with it is operate it as a desktop application and manipulate basic items on screen.  

FDM1
        Occasional Contributor

I have all of the extensions installed that my associates have.  We all run chromium in same location.  The object browser ignores chromium when its running. Yes.  There must be a setting some where that I have yet to find.

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

GUI interface running on Chormium.

Are you talking about CEF (Chromium Embedded Framework)?

Does it help if you start TestComplete using Run As Administrator option?

FDM1
      Occasional Contributor

No its not a CEF project.  Chromium is being used to connect remotely to a piece of equipment that uses chromium as a GUI.  Others in my group see chromium as "Sys.browser" in TC.  For me it seen as Sys.process" by TC.

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Have no idea than, sorry.

Just a last chance idea to compare all your and your colleague's settings for TC and Chrome browser and attempt to reinstall Chrome TC web extension...