Forum Discussion

saaran
Contributor
9 years ago

Automating the Test Link

Hi,

Am maintaing the test cases in Test Link tool, it contains morethan 1000 test cases. after executing Regression pack, i need to update the status in test link. so am planning to automate the test link by selecting the pass or fail status.

Problem:

Can't able to capture the Child Objects and Child Items in the frame.

so kindly suggest me the best way to identfy it.

Regards,

Saran P

2 Replies

Mpho_Mogapi
    Occasional Contributor

Hi Saran,

No need to to do all that.You can find the Testlink Java API from here and in your TestLink Config file Config.inc.php Change the following to true

$tlCfg->api->enabled = TRUE;

Once you have your API keys in order the code to do all that is as simple as

public static void reportResult(String TestProject,String TestPlan,String Testcase,String Build,String Notes,String Result) throws TestLinkAPIException{

TestLinkAPIClient api=new TestLinkAPIClient(DEVKEY, URL);
    api.reportTestCaseResult(TestProject, TestPlan, Testcase, Build, Notes, Result);
    }

edit: 

The above java class method can be called within TestComplete as

JavaClasses.com_package_AutomatedUpdateExample.reportResult(testProject, testPlan, testCase, build, notes, result)

This assumes that you have already went through the TestComplete Java bridge setup process

Ravik
    Super Contributor

Hi,

I think, instead of selecting the test case result PASS/FAIL and update it, it's better to run automation test suite from tool using AOM (Automation Object Model). It will give you exact status of test cases.

In QC we did. It is very nice.