Authentication pop up in different browsers
I have some issue in this area where we get the authentication pop up which varies from browser to browser. I have implemented the method and the script is calling the method. I have attached the 3 screenshots .
When I ran the script sometimes this pass and sometime this fail. Look like I am missing something in the method logCredentials(browserName, url)
Let me know
Solved! Go to Solution.
Any updates ?
After I updated the method I am able to run the script successfully in the IE browser and FF browser but not in chrome browser.
My chrome version is 59.
FF version is 49.0.2
IE browser version is 11
I am attaching the screenshot for the Test Run log for all 3 browsers . IE and FF browsers do not have errors but chrome browser have error as shown in the attached screenshot
Please update where I am missing.
I have 3 Virtual machines where TestExecute is installed . Only one VM has chrome version has 58 and the other two has 59. I ran the scripts as attached in the case which run successfully in one machine which has chrome version 58. Other 2 machines which have chrome version 59 failed.
Same thing happened with my desktop machine where testComplete is installed and the chrome version 59 also failed.
This is something that testcomplete team need to fix. Other wise I am missing something
Currently, TestComplete only supports up through Chrome 58 https://support.smartbear.com/downloads/testcomplete/chrome-patches/
SmartBear does update these patches regularly. Since 59 just came out recently, it takes a bit for the new patch to come out.
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
Why automate? I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy. Sleep is a requirement. So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.
Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
I would recommend to use the page.Login object - http://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-testing/web/general/common-tasks/popups-and-dialo...
Noted the updated version of your code that already uses page.Login object.
I would stick to Robert's note that something might have been changed one more time in Chrome 59 and we need to wait for the update from SmartBear.
/Alex [Community Hero]
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
Thanks you for the updates. It works now with the new patch.
it worked with Page. Confirm or Page.Alert for me on Page.Confirm shows its clicked but on window its not it just focused OK button.