Forum Discussion

santhosh_reach
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

After selecting the value2 from dropdown through TestComplete (ClickItem method) application retains

After selecting the value2 from dropdown through TestComplete (ClickItem method) application retains value1. This issue won't be there if i perform this manually.

Please suggest me the solution

9 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Probably there's something else going on that we don't have visibility to concerning the control you're using.  Sometimes the controls have different events that happen on click, on save, on exit, etc., that trigger different things with the control.

What type of drop down control is it?  Telerick? DevExpress? Is it a custom control?

Please post screenshots of all properties and methods that are displayed on the control through either Object Spy or Object Browser.

santhosh_reach
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks Robert Martin for spending time on this issue.

FYI, This was working fine earlier (6 days back and there are no application changes)

It looks custom control and I have attached the list of object properties and Methods

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

If you can, can you post the code of what you're doing that is not working correctly?