Forum Discussion

kenhepworth
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Advanced settings of webservice

Hi,

I have automated the install of an application, that during the install creates the webservice for the synchronisation of a client application to the server. The situation is though that the default advanced settings are not correct for it to run properly, so I therefore need to update it before I can start executing my tests properly.

Is anybody able to assist me with advice on how I may be able to automate the update of these advanced settings on my webserice?

Thanks is advance,

Ken

5 Replies

kenhepworth
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

There is no one with any advice on this subject? If it is not possible, I would like to know that at least.

Regards,

Ken
    tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    It may be that it's possible but there may be no one who has had experience doing so and, therefore, cannot comment.

If this is an urgent item that you need direct assistance with, you can get a more rapid turn around by opening a ticket.
    AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Ken,

It also might help others to provide you with some piece of advice if you provide more details about what are these 'advanced settings', what is not correct with them after initial install and what does it mean that the web service cannot 'run properly'.
    kenhepworth
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Alexei,

I have got attachments which display the web service/application that I am attempting to set up. One is of the place where I want to change and the other is the value I want to change

My issue is with this web serice is that the default ApplicationPool is set at 'DefaultAppPool', but for some reason I need to set it to 'Classic .Net AppPool' for my application to properly connect to it. I am using IIS Manager 7.
  • Hi Ken,

I think that you need to modify your installation automation so that it executes commands similar to those listed in this article to change the application pool. To run commands, you can use the following code snippet:

var WshShellObj = Sys.OleObject("WScript.Shell");

var WshShellExecObj = WshShellObj.Run("<command>");

BTW, your images appear to be broken.