Forum Discussion

wmtan01
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

14.40 upgrade prevents multiple browsers open?

Hi,

We recently updated to v14.4 and after upgrading, our tests stopped running.

What our test does is open 3 different pages in chrome, firefox and IE and let them interact with each other. but after upgrading once chrome opens up, the test is unable to find objects in the firefox browser. I can see it in the Object Browser panel but highlighting it in the namemapping fails, saying one of the parent objects cannot be found. It seems like TestComplete cannot search across all the opened browsers for the page, I've tried doing an extended find for the page but it still did not work. Looks like since Chrome opened up first, TestComplete is just searching inside the Chrome browser object for the pages

It was working fine ever since we've started using TestComplete 2 years ago. 

Anyone know if I'm just missing a configuration with 14.4 or if someone else has encountered this issue and has reached out to Smartbear?

13 Replies

wmtan01
      Contributor

I did, I was just curious if someone else encountered the same issue as us. It actually blocked off all of our application testing. Unfortunately v14.30 no longer supports Firefox 75, or I can't find a patch anyway so we were forced to update to v14.40 and that's what pushed us to this corner. :smileyfrustrated:

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

I'm curious as to how you have the different pages/browsers mapped.  It almost sounds like something is ambiguous in your mapping where it's looking in one browser (for example, Firefox) for a page that may be open in a different browser.  Please post screenshots showing an example of how the browsers and pages are mapped, complete with the hierachy view and the property/value pairs for the mapping.

wmtan01
      Contributor

Hi,

So we open Sys.browser.erecepDashboard on Chrome and Sys.browser.DI_CMS_Login in Firefox:

We never designed the namemapping to have specific browsers.per page, since we do want to be able to switch browsers on demand.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Are you calling it as Aliases.browser.<pageName> or are you using Sys.Browser('*') in your code?