Forum Discussion

anhvu
Frequent Contributor
8 years ago

What is the SeeTest Plus-In for TestComplete?

Hi there,

Is there anyone using the SeeTest Plus-In for TestComplete?

I would like to know what SeeTest Plus-In from Expertise used for Test Complete and how it works.

Moreover, for Mobile Testing:

1- Android app: Image base testing take time for checking image existing or not. And this will take a lot of times to execute the test. So is there any way to improve the performance of the Image base testing?(We test the third party apps, so we don't have the dev signature to instrument the app)

2- for iOS: is it available for non-instrumented app?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

2 Replies

baxatob
    Community Hero

Hi,

This feature only gives you an opportunity to run Seetest scripts from TestComplete. 

Actually it is not a plugin, because you run scripts through CLR bridge. 

You need to copy-paste the code from Seetest project to your TestComplete project and then execute it.

And it works only in VBScript.

2 - You can't work with non-instrumented apps in TestComplete. And as far as I know Seetest also requires an instrumentation.

anhvu
      Frequent Contributor

Baxatob,

Thank you for your reply.

2- I have done the pilot testing for SeeTest, and I am sure SeeTest can work with non-instrumented app for iOS. We need to get the DEF/DEV file from Experitest team then the tool will recognize the iOS devices and the app ( Image base). I hope TestComplete can investigate how they interact with the non-instrumented app for iOS devices.