cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the Mobile project - is there a way to copy *.apk or *.ipa files on to some central location?

Contributor

In the Mobile project - is there a way to copy *.apk or *.ipa files on to some central location?

Hello,

In our company's mobile project suite there are 2 projects (i.e. Android and iOS). Each of my app package files are stored under my local machine directory. As long as I create a new script and run it from my local machine everything works fine. But if I ask my co-worker to run mobile scripts it fails with an error message: 'Unable to install an Android application package.' because the Android and iOS application package files path are different. So the temporary solution is to check-out and check-In TestedApps files on to each of my co-worker's machine.

My question is how do I copy *.apk or *.ipa files on to some central location path so that all my co-workers can also test and verify the scripts? Is it a good practice to copy these app files on to your local machine?

Is there any other suggestion so everyone in my team can access these app files (*.apk or *.ipa) from a central location?

Thanks

HK

3 REPLIES 3
Community Hero

Re: In the Mobile project - is there a way to copy *.apk or *.ipa files on to some central location?

Hi,

Just put your .apk/.ipa file(s) to some common resource (share) and indicate the path in the relevant TestedApp item.
I see nothing wrong in this approach and consider it to be a good one.

The only potential problem that I can imagine (just because of lack of knowledge about mobile internals specifics) is that there might be problems with mobile application install from the network location. But this is a minor problem as you can always make a local copy of the installation file (check aqFile object for that) and do install from local folder.

Regards,
Alex
[Community Expert Group]
____
[Community Expert Group] members are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Postings made by [Community Expert Group] members
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
[Community Expert Group] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
http://smartbear.com/forums/f83/t86934/community-experts/
================================
Contributor

Re: In the Mobile project - is there a way to copy *.apk or *.ipa files on to some central location?

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply. I am still investigating on the same topic.

HK

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi Alex,

After I copy both Android and iOS files on to the server where all my co-workers have access. Now everyone in my team can run the mobile scripts from their local machine. 

Thanks

HK

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Watch the new Interview