Forum Discussion

raynjay
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Android Mobile Test Script is recorded as image-based in case NameMapping file is over around 800KB

Hi,

My test android application was instrumented and I am creating object-based test script.

But in case the size of NameMapping is over around 800KB, It takes about 15~20 seconds to be ready to record a test script and the test script was always recorded as image-based.

When I created a new project and attempted to record a test script, it is recorded as object-based.

But if the size of NameMapping is around 800KB, it get to be same. It takes about 15~20 seconds to be ready to record a test script and the test script was always recorded as image-based.

If I created a test case as object-based test script manually, It is fine even when the size of NameMapping is over 800KB. 

My TC Version is 12.20 (the latest version)

Android OS : 6.0.1 (Samsung Galaxy A3 2016) 

Thanks,

Raymond 

• This issue was fixed by Case  #00227683.

4 Replies

raynjay
    Occasional Contributor

This issue was fixed by Case  #00227683.

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

Try to open your NameMapping in TestComplete (double-click the node in the Project Explorer), select the 'Store brief Code Completion data' option in the combo-box on the top and save the changes. This should decrease the size of your NameMapping file. Check if this helps.