Ask a Question

please provide Basic Framework for Testcomplete

SOLVED
RaviKumar98
Contributor

please provide Basic Framework for Testcomplete

Hi All,

I need Basic framework for TestComplete. please share anyone.

Thanks

Ravi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tristaanogre
Community Hero

Re: please provide Basic Framework for Testcomplete

As @baxatob said, the basic structure of TestComplete is as he described.  Any other "framework" design, structure, etc., is up to the user to develop.  There are MANY different ways of utilizing TestComplete... there's not one "basic" framework.

I would suggest, since you are a new user to TestComplete, to register for a TestComplete 101 class or view the recorded version at https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/training/free-training/.  There are also tutorials built into the help documentation.  

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
baxatob
Community Hero

Hi,

Start a new project and select "Generate the default content" checkbox. Then add a NameMapping to your project. That is a Basic Framework. 

Another framework content will depend on you particular application.

tristaanogre
Community Hero

As @baxatob said, the basic structure of TestComplete is as he described.  Any other "framework" design, structure, etc., is up to the user to develop.  There are MANY different ways of utilizing TestComplete... there's not one "basic" framework.

I would suggest, since you are a new user to TestComplete, to register for a TestComplete 101 class or view the recorded version at https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/training/free-training/.  There are also tutorials built into the help documentation.  

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available

View solution in original post

NisHera
Valued Contributor

A framework could be meaning different things.

for eg if you look at Selenium testing you have to build up everything from scratch.

and there are many support for building frame available in web

But in TC most of those  things ready-made.

Hence TC doesn't have such extensive framework support available.

But to have comprehensive test suite you need a base. as per @baxatob @tristaanogre  you have to decide what you need.

many factors like application, experience, expectation, need of institution/management play roll on that.

I would suggest read a bit to understand and have better decision. (Think ISTQB has some materials)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: