Forum Discussion

leeasdf9
Frequent Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

how to find out which floating license is running on which machine?

Hi, this is quite important question for my team where we have multiple floating licenses activated on one license manager machine, and we share license on different testcomplete machines, sometimes it is neccessary to know on which machines are licenses running.

on Sentinel Admin Control Center i see only keys information, anyone knows how?

5 Replies

leeasdf9
      Frequent Contributor

Hi Joseph,

I restarted license machine and both licenses session are displayed properly, it must be some kind of connection issue to license machine, the problem is solved by rebooting machine.

Thanks and kind regards,

Lee

joseph_michaud

Well, there is one caveat...

After 12 hours with no activity, the license is silently released by the License Manager and is once again available for use.  This can happen if you start up TestComplete on your machine and then hibernate it over the weekend.  TestComplete (through the local license service on your laptop) is not making the occasional check with the License Manager.  It handles it as a crashed machine and releases the license.  I think this scenario can also happen with just an idle TestComplete (no hibernation).

When you resume your laptop and your TestComplete session, it will try to regain the license.  This could fail if someone else has come along in the meantime and grabbed the license.

All this to say, it is possible that you saw only one license in use but appeared to have two TestComplete sessions in progress and that the License Manager restart would force the sessions to reacquire their licenses.

leeasdf9
    Frequent Contributor

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your quick reply, unfortunately my issue is not solved, the problem is, i have 2 TC10 floating licenses activated on a license manager machine in our network, both licenses are in use, in the "Sessions" it displays only 1 session, there is no information about 2nd session, i would like to find out where is the 2nd session running on which machine.

thanks and kind regards,

Lee