Forum Discussion

radu
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

google chrome patches for TestComplete

Dear all,

I'm currently using TestComplete 12.42.3048.7 (x64) on a windows 7 machine. I've noticed the GoogleChrome got to the 68 version and there are some patches for the next version of TestComplete but not for my version...

Should I install the patches for the newest version of TestComplete (12.50...)? Would they work?

(I'm asking this because some of my tests wait for the (Chrome) window to become active)

Thank you!

R

• No, it's not recommended to use a Chrome patch for 12.5 with 12.42.  I mean, you could try, but I'd be willing to bet there will be errors and conflicts.  Your best solution is actually to upgrade to 12.5.  

If this isn't acceptable, you can contact support directly and see if they can supply you with a patch for your particular version of TC.

2 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

No, it's not recommended to use a Chrome patch for 12.5 with 12.42.  I mean, you could try, but I'd be willing to bet there will be errors and conflicts.  Your best solution is actually to upgrade to 12.5.  

If this isn't acceptable, you can contact support directly and see if they can supply you with a patch for your particular version of TC.

radu
      Occasional Contributor

Thank you Robert!