Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Will TestComplete support IE 11?

I see under the specifications for TestComplete 9.31 it does support Internet Explorer 7—10 (both 32-bit and 64-bit versions) and applications with the embedded Microsoft WebBrowser control.

Will TestComplete eventually support IE 11?

7 Replies

vajindarladdad
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi ,

You need to get it confimed from SmartBear Developement / Support team.
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi All,

I've heard from our test lab that they could work with TestComplete 9.31 and IE 11. However, as we don't officially support the newest browser version (it has not been officially released yet), we cannot guarantee that everything will work without any issues.

gadinise
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

IE11 seems to be released now for Win7.

Any updates on this?

Thanks,

Gadi
    TanyaYatskovska

Hi Gadi,

I've heard that TestComplete 10 supports IE 11. Now, the product is in the beta state. If you are interested in trying it, please get in touch with our product owner, Sergei Sokolov, at Sergei.Sokolov@smartbear.com to request it.

• I'm not sure if this is the place for it, but we recently expirenced an issue after updating to Internet Explorer 11: we were no longer able to save Manual test steps.  The changes could be made in TestComplete's (9.31) edit but when save was pressed the content would either reset to blank or change to what appeared to be a generic error message:

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>This page can't be displayed</TITLE><LINK rel=stylesheet type=text/css href="New

<META content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" http-equiv=Content-Type>

<SCRIPT language=javascript type=text/javascript src="errorPageStrings.js"></SCRIPT></HEAD>

<BODY onload=javascript&colon;getInfo();>

<DIV id=contentContainer class=mainContent>

<DIV id=mainTitle class=title>This page can't be displayed</DIV>

<DIV id=taskSection class=taskSection>

<UL id=cantDisplayTasks class=tasks>

<LI id=task1-1>Make sure the web address <SPAN id=webpage class=webpageURL></SPAN>is correct.

<LI id=task1-2>Look for the page with you search engine.

<LI id=task1-3>Refresh the page in a few minutes. </LI></UL>

<UL id=notConnectedTasks class=tasks style="DISPLAY: none">

<LI id=task2-1>Check that all network cables are plugged in.

<LI id=task2-2>Verify that airplane mode is turned off.

<LI id=task2-3>Make sure your wireless switch is turned on.

<LI id=task2-4>See if you can connect to mobile broadband.

<LI id=task2-5>Restart your rounter. </LI></UL></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>
    TanyaYatskovska

Hi Eero,

This may be related to the fact that TestComplete 9 doesn't officially support IE 11. I would suggest that you request TestComplete 10 Beta to check how it works with the new browser version.

• Hi Tanya,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I've already regressed IE back to a supported versions to continue working.  My intent was more to let the TC dev team know of a potential issue with IE 11 before TC 10 went live.