Forum Discussion

Florian_Hofmann
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

What does TFS build step "Publish TestComplete test results" actually publish

Hi, let's say I want to start an application, perform 9 tests on it, and close the application again. This is implemented as 9 test items in the project suite, each associated with a testcase.   I...
    Florian_Hofmann
    7 years ago

Well, sorry, I think I got unprecise towards weekend...yes, I did find the detailed test results, but kind of hidden deeply, and not in a way suitable for extracting daily reports at a glance.

By the name of "publish Test Complete results", I just expected, and still would like, to have a TFS build not publish test results where each TC logFile is counted as one test, but where the TC test cases/items are summed up from within the logs (as one logFile documents multiple test cases, since I would not want to start and stop TestComplete between similar testCases at the same GUI element).

But technically my question is answered as I now understand what is published, and I will see whether I find a way around it, or ask in the appropriate section if the behavior can be improved.

And maybe my approach is not best practice...it's just based on the assumption that starting an application, and than adding an entry, renaming it, and finally deleting it are three testcases, 

Naturally I would not want to start/close the application between testcases, and it seems awkward to start/stop TestComplete between each such testCase, just that each testVase gets its own logFile.

Edit: Also, the log only gets attached for failed runs - if a run succeeds, as I see it, there's no way of telling hom many testCases in it succeeded.