Ask a Question

Vote for the Code Editor Features to be Implemented

SOLVED
TanyaYatskovska
Community Manager

Vote for the Code Editor Features to be Implemented

Hello Community,

Thanks everyone for the Code Editor feature requests you’ve been posting to the TestComplete Community. All of them are great! We are planning to implement the most required features in one of the next releases. For this, could you please help us prioritize the submitted suggestions?

Please follow the survey and select the 4 features you like most. If you haven’t had a chance to submit your feature request yet, you can do this within this survey, as well.

FOLLOW THE SURVEY

TC_Code_Editor_notification_v2_300x150.png

We are offering you to vote for the following feature requests (click each suggestion to open the original community discussion for details):

Code Completion for class members

Predefined color schemes for the TestComplete IDE including the script editor (Light, Dark)

Trace references to variables and functions (show places where a function or variable is used)

Code analysis tool (like PyLint, JSLint, ESLint)

Auto-formatting code when typing with an option to update auto-formatting rules - Code Beautifier

Documentation comments for declarations (functions, variables, etc.) to display in the Code Completi...

We are closing the survey on Oct 27.

Thanks!

---------
Tanya Yatskovskaya
SmartBear Community and Education Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Vote for the Code Editor Features to be Implemented

Hi everyone,

Thank you for taking the time out to send in your votes and suggestions. 

Our winner for this round is: Trace references to variables and functions (show places where a function or variable is used)

Implementation time is around 5-6 weeks, so we'll have this included in our next release, TestComplete 12.5. 

To see survey results, please go to: https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-3WNMM2MY8/

We appreciate your feedback and hope to include more of the suggestions around the script editor in upcoming releases. 

Best regards,

Prashant Mohan

Product Manager, TestComplete

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
shankar_r
Community Hero

Voting done!, Hope high rated features will available in near-future.

Thanks
Shankar R

LinkedIn | CG-VAK Software | Bitbucket | shankarr.75@gmail.com

“You must expect great things from you, before you can do them”

Extension Available

TanyaYatskovska
Community Manager

Thank you, Shankar!

---------
Tanya Yatskovskaya

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
AlexKaras
Community Hero

Hi,

Using the occasion...

As all supported scripting languages (except VBScript) support optional function parameters that can be set within the code, do you think that it is a good idea to make the 'Run Current Routine' Code Editor's context menu command to be enabled for both procedures and functions for all scripting languages except VBScript (where it should be left disabled for functions as it is now) ?

Do I need to create a feature request for this?

Regards,
  /Alex [Community Hero]
____
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
https://community.smartbear.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hall-of-fame
================================
cunderw
Community Hero

This would be soooo helpful. 

Thanks,
Carson

Click the Accept as Solution button if my answer has helped
TanyaYatskovska
Community Manager

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your suggestion. Definitely, it's worth creating a dedicated feature request here.

Do you think this would significantly help when debugging the code?

---------
Tanya Yatskovskaya

AlexKaras
Community Hero

Hi Tanya,

Feature Request has been created: https://community.smartbear.com/t5/TestComplete-Feature-Requests/Run-Current-Routine-Code-Editor-s-c...

Yes, I think that this will improve debugging convenience because any function can be started without the necessity to create wrapping one with the only purpose to provide default parameters for the function been called.

Regards,
  /Alex [Community Hero]
____
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
https://community.smartbear.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hall-of-fame
================================
TanyaYatskovska
Community Manager

Thank you Alex!

Community, thanks for your votes. We've closed the survey. Our next step is to review your votes and the suggested ideas. Once we have some results, we will get back to you and share them.

---------
Tanya Yatskovskaya

Hi everyone,

Thank you for taking the time out to send in your votes and suggestions. 

Our winner for this round is: Trace references to variables and functions (show places where a function or variable is used)

Implementation time is around 5-6 weeks, so we'll have this included in our next release, TestComplete 12.5. 

To see survey results, please go to: https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-3WNMM2MY8/

We appreciate your feedback and hope to include more of the suggestions around the script editor in upcoming releases. 

Best regards,

Prashant Mohan

Product Manager, TestComplete

View solution in original post

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: