Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to run testcomplete test from QAComplete

SOLVED
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Unable to run testcomplete test from QAComplete

Hello All, 

I have created a test from test library in QAComplete and in the automated tab, I have given the path wheree testcomplete project suite is located and the in the project field, I have the provided the path which is <project name>\Script\<UnitName>\<routine name>. 

When I try to run the test, it opens testcomplete but does not the run the test. It shows the test has "Failed" status, but not sure why it is not executing the test. 

Please let me know what may be the issue. 

Regards,

Nimish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Contributor

Re: Unable to run testcomplete test from QAComplete

Hello, 

Yes, I contacted the support team and found the solution. It was basically connectivity issue between QA Compleet and TestComplete. It was resolved by using the proxy server and also we need close the test complete instance when running from QAComplete as QAComplete invokes TestComplete but if the TestComplete is already then QA Complete does not work. 

6 REPLIES 6
Super Contributor

You say you have

<project name>\Script\<UnitName>\<routine name>

What you need is the test item. 

- Open Project

- Go to the test item tab

- Ensure there is a test item there.

Enter <project name>\testitemname 

Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I tried entering <project name>\testitemname but it did not work. Is there any log to see why it failed?

Regards,

Nimish

Community Hero

If you open the TestComplete instance on your target machine, there should be a log generated for the attempted test run.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
Super Contributor

Not if QAComplete cannot resolve to a test item in the project.

Community Manager

Hi @nimishbhuta,

I've consulted with our Customer Care team and turned out that you had contacted them regarding this issue. As far as I understand, the behavior you faced occurred due to the specific environment. I suggest that you continue working with the team to find a solution. Please share it with us.

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓
Frequent Contributor

Hello, 

Yes, I contacted the support team and found the solution. It was basically connectivity issue between QA Compleet and TestComplete. It was resolved by using the proxy server and also we need close the test complete instance when running from QAComplete as QAComplete invokes TestComplete but if the TestComplete is already then QA Complete does not work. 

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video: