Forum Discussion

mgy333
Contributor
10 years ago

TestExecute exit code?

Hi all,

We are trying to automate TestExecute execution using Perl.  We are using Perl's system() to run it.

The problem is that I keep getting the exit code, 32512, and not execute the intended project suite.  Looking around the web, I found that it means usually that the program (in this case, TestExecute) is returning 127.  Unfortunately, I still don't know what the code means (I checked help file).

What does it mean when TestExecute returns 127?  Or 32512?

Also, is there some kind of TestExecute log (not project suite log) that can tell me why TestExecute fails to run?  If so, where can I find it?

Thanks,

Motoo

6 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Motoo,

Are you running TestExecute in silent mode? In this case, you can analyze the Silent.log and Error.log files in the C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\SmartBear\TestComplete\10.0 or C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\SmartBear\TestExecute\10.0 folder to get more information on the possible reasons for getting these errors. 

• Hi Tanya, thanks for reply.

Unfortunately, I am unable to find these files.  I don't even see those directories on the test VM machine.

The command continues to show error 127.  This is on Win2008 VM.  Can you tell me what this error means?
  • Hi Tanya,

I do use the /SilentMode tag, but I still don't see the directory.  Maybe that means that TestExecute isn't truly starting up, and OS is throwing 127 (ERROR_PROC_NOT_FOUND as mentioned by Gena.

What could cause OS to throw this exception when trying to launch TestExecute?  I can go onto this same VM after it happened and launch TestExecute using the same script or manually.

Thanks

Motoo
    AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Motoo,

Just a guess: are you executing Perl script with sufficient permissions (to access TestExecute binaries in the protected Program Files folder, to spawn another process from Perl, etc.) ?

The fact that files mentioned by Tanya are absent in TE's folder makes me think that something is wrong with access permissions. (I assume that TE can be started fine manually and tests can be executed.)