cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestComplete command line problems

Community Hero

Re: TestComplete command line problems

What if you run TestComplete.exe at a standard Windows command prompt and not in Powershell?  Does that make a difference?

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
Occasional Contributor

Strange. That did work. Any idea why?

Highlighted
Community Hero

Honestly... I don't know.  It just seemed like something to try, in case there's something specifically in the PowerShell environment that triggers opening anything as a project.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
Contributor

I've reproduced the issue on my side.

Try use "Start-Process TestComplete.exe". Also if you need to use some parameters read help info for PowerShell "Start-Process" command.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/microsoft.powershell.management/start-process?vie...

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
SmartBear + Cucumber
Top Kudoed Authors