Forum Discussion

forrestaustin
Contributor
6 years ago

TestComplete Tabbing does not work with my application

Hello,

I have a .NET based desktop application I am testing with some simple textbox fields inside of it. When I run the application manually (without testcomplete) I am able to use the tab key to go to the next text field. However, when I run the application inside testcomplete such as when I am recording the test, the tab key no longer works as it should during recording. This is a problem because this is how we test if a value is out of the desired range. If the min value is 0 and one puts in -1, then the form does not allow you to tab to the next field.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could fix this or any work around suggestions?

11 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

What does your recording look like? Technically speaking, if you send "Keys('[Tab]')" that should simulate hitting the tab key on whatever object is the target of Keys.  If you can share a screenshot of your recording, that would be helpful.

forrestaustin
      Contributor

Sharing a screenshot would not be possible since my testcomplete is on a closed network computer. I click on the text box and press tab, nothing happens so Ill try pressing tab again, and still nothing happens. The test recognizes that I am pressing 

"[Tab]" but it does the program does not act accordingly.

forrestaustin
        Contributor

Another weird thing is once I stop recording and the application is still open, then the application no longer accepts tab inputs either. If I open the application without testcomplete then tabs work fine but somehow launching from testcomplete is stopping the tabbing functionality even after testcomplete has closed.

• Hi Alex,

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately I tried that and it did not work.