Forum Discussion

KAebersold
SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
6 years ago

TestComplete Beta Program: Try AI-Driven Visual Testing!

Hi TestComplete Community, 

I'm excited to announce that we are running a beta program for the next release of TestComplete from July 26th through August 16th, and would like to invite you to try some of the latest features our Product team has been working hard to build. 

The next release of TestComplete will enable you to: 

• Expand test coverage with an all new AI-driven visual testing technique to test complex controls such as charts, console screens, mobile apps and packaged applications (e.g. SAP).
  • Automate test design and maintenance activities with our intelligent recommendation system.
  • Easily test applications based on React and Angular web frameworks with our new 'custom attributes' feature.
  • Ensure higher test success rates for record-and-playback through updated wizards, intuitive workflows, and performance improvements.

As members of the TestComplete community, we would greatly appreciate any feedback or insights you could provide to help us make TestComplete an even more powerful tool.

Thank you,

Kirsten 

8 Replies

TanyaYatskovska

Wow! AI-Driven Visual Testing technique!!! I've been waiting for it :)

Community, I encourage all of your to sign to the beta and play with the new features. And, of course, tell me how it goes ;) 

Ryan_Moran
      Valued Contributor

I don't usually get excited about things, nor do I hand out compliments as often as I probably should, but I must say this:

This new OCR AI driven testing is amazing. This will allow me to expand on existing framework to quickly add visual based testing scripts. AMAZING! Keep up the good work!

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

Question: What version is this targeted to be?  Is this going to be something like TC 12.6 or is this a beta for TC 13? I can justify, with my team, upgrading one workstation to a TC 12.XXX version but I'm not sure I can push for going to TC 13 just yet.

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

TanyaYatskovska wrote:

Wow! AI-Driven Visual Testing technique!!! I've been waiting for it :)

Community, I encourage all of your to sign to the beta and play with the new features. And, of course, tell me how it goes ;) 

Personally, Tanya, I'm more interested in the "Remove unused NameMapping".  That's a HUGE thing to cleaning up and streamlining legacy projects.

TanyaYatskovska

Hi Robert, 

I'm not sure about the released version. For certain, the new feaures are outstanding!

• While 12.6 does use encryption when sending requests to the SmartBear web service, I have privacy concerns that prohibt the sending of test data to outside web locations.  I will continue to use the OCR 12.5 extension which assists in the implementation of visual based tests.