Forum Discussion

Kathiresan
New Contributor
8 years ago

Test execute not getting started

Hi Team,

We are running Test Complete project through Test Execute using command line. Below is the command line argument which i have used:

Testexecute.exe "Project" /run /P: ProjectName /exit /SilentMode /Errorlog:C:\error.txt

Error log contains the message like "Test complete 10, Test Execute 10 or an application that uses Test Recorder 10 is already running"

So i have closed all the smart bear applications through task manager and again ran the Test Execute with the same argument. This time application started but not running the test scripts which are all mentioned in Test Complete project. Just showing the playback icon at the top right corner and no response. 

To resolve this issue 'i have reinstalled the test execute' and tried again. But no use, same problem repeats. This issue is happening in only one machine. Others machines are running properly without any issues.

Could you please help me to resolve this issue? Is there any problem in test execute installation? 

Regards,

Kathir.

4 Replies

Kathiresan
      New Contributor

1. There is no space between /P: and ProjectName.

2. Test Complete and Test Execute are belongs to the same version only

joseph_michaud

In what ways does the failing machine differ from the others?  OS version?

mgroen2
    Super Contributor

make sure TestComplete and TestExecute versions are exactly the same