Forum Discussion

brian_kratsch
Contributor
11 years ago

Microsoft Dynamics Name Mapping Problem

I am trying to determine if I am able to use TestComplete for UI automation of MS Dynamics AX. Here is the problem I am encountering:

I enabled MSAA on the TestComplete project for various windows I will be interacting with in the app as the controls on the windows were not recognized automatically by the object spy.

Next I recorded a very simple keyword test (Open the sales order window from the menubar in the main application, fill in some fields and click Save).

The problem is when I replay this very simple test, none of the controls on the sales order window are found and for that matter the sales order window is also not recognized.

It looks as if the proiblem is occuring due to the default name mapping TestComplete is using. The full name in the Object Spy contains a lot of ? wrapping around the windows name.

I tried manually mapping the window but I am not having much luck either. Are there any tips/tricks/suggestions anyone could offer? 

2 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Brian,

The only way to test Dynamics AX apps is to use MSAA or UI Automation technologies in TestComplete. They will make TestComplete recognize individual objects. 

To handle the playback errors, I suggest that you troubleshoot them by using the tips specified here.

• Thanks, I have MSAA turned on and I can see most objects in Dynamics now. I will check out that other link for the playback errors. Thanks!